Beginners Silver Jewellery - 5 day Intensive Summer Course
Small group creative jewellery design course in London.
This is an intensive five day course covering an introduction to making silver jewellery, for complete beginners.
Learn how to start to design, and create your own silver jewellery from scratch. Over the five days you will create your own unique rings, earrings, bangle and necklace, working predominantly in silver, but with the potential to include beads and gemstones. Skills introduced will be forming and sizing rings, soldering (joining elements), piercing (cutting out), creating simple surface patterns on metal, and we will then build on these skills to create simple stone settings, make chains, spinner rings and much more.
What is covered
- Shaping and forming metal sheet and wire - for example to make a ring or bangle
- Using a jewellers saw to cut out shapes
- Making surface patterns on metal sheet
- Soldering to join metal elements together
- Setting a cabochon gemstone to make a ring or pendant
- Making a bracelet chain
- Experimenting, model making to help plan out designs
- Designing and keeping a sketchbook
Please 'book' here by clicking below, or email me if you have any questions about the course.
Payment in instalments is possible - please contact me to discuss.
Course price includes
– 5 full days of tuition in a very small group (so lots of time for full support from the tutor)
– drawing, modelling and design materials
– all other consumables and materials needed, including silver, copper and other materials
– Detailed information sheets and notes
Students can expect to make several pieces of silver jewellery over the week and everything made is yours to keep.
Tea, coffee and light refreshments are available all day during the course, but lunch is not included. There is a one hour lunch break during all day classes. Students are welcome to bring lunch with them, or to go out to one of the many local cafes for lunch.