Intermediate Silver Jewellery - 5 day Intensive Summer Course
Small group creative jewellery design course in London - this is an intensive five day jewellery making course for jewellers who have done a beginners course or tried jewellery making and would like to improve their skills and learn more.
As well as boosting soldering skills, improving your precision and finishing, we will cover a range of projects including an introduction to wax carving and simple casting, press and fold forming, and fabricating more complex forms.
There will be some flexibility to include other topics as well / instead, depending on the students own interests, for example chemical etching or stone setting.
What is covered
- Wax carving - to create a ring model
- Sand (Delft clay) casting
- Cuttlefish casting
- Water / organic casting
- Press forming to create repeatable dish forms
- Fold forming - using folds
- Experimenting, model making to help plan out designs
- Designing and keeping a sketchbook
Please 'book' here by clicking below, or email me if you have any questions about the course.
Payment in instalments is possible - please contact me to discuss.
Course price includes
– 5 full days of tuition in a very small group (so lots of time for full support from the tutor)
– drawing, modelling and design materials
– all other consumables and materials needed, including silver, copper and other materials
– Detailed information sheets and notes
Students can expect to make several pieces of silver jewellery over the week and everything made is yours to keep.
Tea, coffee and light refreshments are available all day during the course, but lunch is not included. There is a one hour lunch break during all day classes. Students are welcome to bring lunch with them, or to go out to one of the many local cafes for lunch.