Individual Jewellery Making Tuition - 3 Month MINI BUNDLE - In Person
This BUNDLE is a 3 month package of individual, personalised jewellery tuition designed to boost and motivate your jewellery making. It includes
- One full In Person day of tuition held in my London workshop
- Three x online mini/follow up sessions - held using Zoom (or similar) - to check in and top up / troubleshoot, in between the longer sessions
My bundles are designed to keep you motivated and to keep up your momentum in developing and practicing your skills over the 3 months, and so include; -
- an action plan to help you keep going with goals to practice or research between sessions
- all sessions must be taken within a max of 4 months from the first session booked
- e-mail support over the period whenever needed
- a personalised plan, that can be adapted as we go if your priorities change during the period
In Person tuition - individual, 1-1 jewellery making tuition in person held at my dedicated workshop in Camden, London NW1.
2021 - This will be done with social distancing - only one student, plus me in the workshop, working separately as far as possible, and wearing masks when moving from our set workstations (if not all day) additional safety measures including extra cleaning, and sanitising of tools and workspaces are in place - if you'd like to know more about these measures - please do e-mail me.
For Online Tuition
We will work using Zoom (or an alternative if you prefer)
I will have two cameras in use to ensure you can get a clear, close up view of my hands and my work while i demonstrate, as well as to be able to share information, files and images from my computer.
In a session - I can demonstrate techniques, and talk you through step by step as you follow on at home, discuss projects or techniques and answer your questions, troubleshoot any issues you've been having, offer business or design support, or whatever else would be most useful to you.
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and getting started with stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this newer material to create silver jewellery - beginner level, or more advanced, making complex forms, stone setting and more
- Wax carving or simple small scale home casting
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding) on a disk or Marudai
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design processes, ideas and modelmaking
Individual tuition is designed around you - your interests, your current skills and the skills you’d like to learn.
For beginners I can recommend introductory projects to get you started, or for more experienced students, I will design a day around extending your existing skills, or around a specific project or new skill you'd like to tackle.
Every 1-1 tuition session includes;
- Discussion in advance so that I can understand your current skill / experience level and what the priorities are for the day
- Creation of a personalised, achievable lesson plan to suit your needs
- A full day (6 hours) of tuition in my fully equipped workshop
- Use of my tools and equipment
- All materials and consumables needed for your project/s
- Packaging to take your creations safely home
- Information sheets relevant to the skills and tools covered, including contacts for suppliers
- Light refreshments during the day
- Follow up by e-mail and/or a short Zoom session after the class if needed
How it works; -
- First - E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of the terms, or what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
- I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible and to let you know my availability
- I'll create a customised plan for the day to suit you.
- Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
- I will confirm your booking and send a receipt, as well as full address and travel information, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
- You can schedule all 4 sessions (the in person day, and the three mini sessions) up front, or schedule each new session at the end of the previous session.
- All sessions must be held within 4 months of the first date booked.
In person tuition is held in my well equipped, dedicated home studio in Camden, central / north London, near Camden Town tube or Camden Road over ground stations.
All materials needed and use of all relevant tools for the in person day are included in the price, as well as illustrated notes detailing relevant processes to help you continue to work at home.
Anything you make during an in person session, is of course, yours to take home.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!
Other variations of session lengths or blocks of sessions are available on request.