Individual Jewellery Making Tuition - ONLINE 3 Month BUNDLE
This BUNDLE is a 3 month package of individual, personalised DIGITAL / ONLINE jewellery tuition designed to boost and motivate your jewellery making.
- Three x 3 hour (half day, or evening) Zoom sessions (one per month for a series of 3 months)
- Three x online mini/follow up sessions - to check in and top up / troubleshoot, in between the longer sessions
(six individual Zoon sessions in total)
My bundles are designed to keep you motivated and to keep up your momentum in developing and practicing your skills over the 3 months, and so include; -
- an action plan to keep going with goals to practice or research between sessions
- all sessions must be taken within a max of 4 months from the first session booked
- e-mail support over the period whenever needed
- a personalised plan, that can be adapted as we go if your priorities change during the period
For Online Tuition
We will work using Zoom (or an alternative if you prefer)
I will have two cameras in use to ensure you can get a clear, close up view of my hands and my work while i demonstrate, as well as to be able to share information, files and images from my computer.
In the session - I can demonstrate techniques, and talk you through step by step as you follow on at home, discuss projects or techniques and answer your questions, troubleshoot any issues you've been having, offer business or design support, or whatever else would be most useful to you.
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and getting started with stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this newer material to create silver jewellery - beginner level, or more advanced, making complex forms, stone setting and more
- Wax carving or simple small scale home casting
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding) on a disk or Marudai
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design processes, ideas and modelmaking
This individual tuition is designed around you - your interests, your current skills and your goals, or the skills you’d like to learn.
For beginners I can recommend introductory projects to get you started, or for more experienced students, I will design a day around extending your existing skills, or around a specific project or new skill you'd like to tackle.
Every online 1-1 tuition session includes;
- Discussion in advance so that I can understand your current skill / experience level and what the priorities are for the session
- Creation of a personalised, achievable lesson plan to suit your needs
- Information in advance of the tools or materials you will need to be able to create the projects or practice the techniques in your own workspace
- Information sheets relevant to the skills and tools covered, including contacts for suppliers
How it works; -
- First - E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of the terms, or what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
- I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible and to let you know my availability
- I'll create a customised plan for the day to suit you.
- Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
- I will confirm your booking and send a receipt, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
- You can schedule all the bundle sessions up front, or schedule each new session at the end of the previous session.
- All bundle sessions must be held within 4 months of the first date booked.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!
Other variations of session lengths or blocks of sessions are available on request.