Individual Jewellery Making Tuition Day - ONLINE
This is a digital / online version of my standard full day of individual personalised 1-1 jewellery making tuition.
I will work with you for a day - one to one - to give you an intensive skills boost, or a fun and creative day off.
For Online Tuition
We will work using Zoom (or an alternative if you prefer)
I will have two cameras in use to ensure you can get a clear, close up view of my hands and my work while i demonstrate, as well as to be able to share information, files and images from my computer.
In the session - I can demonstrate techniques, and talk you through step by step as you follow on at home, discuss projects or techniques and answer your questions, troubleshoot any issues you've been having, offer business or design support, or whatever else would be most useful to you.
You will need; -
- A good internet connection and a camera phone / laptop / computer etc that can be set up for our video-call so that we can both see what each other are doing.
- If you're using your phone, it may be useful to have a mini tripod, so that you can set it up to show your workspace and still have your hands free to work!
- Tools and materials relevant to what you'd like to make (If you're not sure what you need, then of course i can advise).
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and getting started with stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this newer material to create silver jewellery - beginner level, or more advanced, making complex forms, stone setting and more
- Wax carving or simple small scale home casting
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding) on a disk or Marudai
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design processes, ideas and modelmaking
Individual tuition is designed around you - your interests, your current skills and the skills you’d like to learn.
For beginners I can recommend introductory projects to get you started, or for more experienced students, I will design a day around extending your existing skills, or around a specific project or new skill you'd like to tackle.
How it works; -
- First - E-mail me at email@example.com and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of the terms, or what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
- I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible to do long distance and to let you know my availability and make sure it is possible to do long distance.
- Once the topic is agreed, I will send you any relevant notes and preparation, including information about tools and materials you may like to have ready.
- I'll create a customised plan for the day to suit you.
- Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
- I will confirm your booking and send a Zoom link, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!
Other variations of session lengths or blocks of sessions are available on request.