Kumihimo #1 - Japanese Braiding on a Disk - Home Study ONLINE Course
Buying this course will give you full access to the Kumihimo #1 group of course materials, which includes a series of pdf instruction and information sheets, with accompanying videos - full details below.
These files and videos will be available for you to view and download for your own personal use and you will be sent a link to access them once your payment has been processed..
*THIS IS NOT A LIVE COURSE - THIS PROVIDES ACCESS TO ONLINE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS AND VIDEOS ONLY - YOU CAN WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE THROUGH THE VIDEOS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED, IN YOUR OWN TIME, AT HOME, USING YOUR OWN TOOLKIT*
This course introduces the fascinating world of Kumihimo the Japanese art of braiding.
Through these five projects, you will learn how to create beautiful textile or beaded cords using this technique,
Suitable for anyone - both jewellers or braiders who are already familiar with some Kumihimo techniques who would like a refresher, or to try these specific projects, as well as for those completely new to this form of braiding,(or to braiding at all).
Optional - Add on a materials kit, for everything you'll need to complete the course projects (and more) except from glue and scissors...
Course content; -
- What is Kumihimo
- What can I do with my braids
- Key supplies for braiding on a disk
- How to make a Kongo Gumi braid - a basic round braid that is great for beginners
- Project - Making a button detail wrap around bracelet
- Materials - Braiding Disks
- Video - How to Make a Round Braid
- Video - Button Bracelet Project
Braiding With Beads
- Project - Making a Dotty Beaded Bracelet
- Materials - Threads for Braiding
- Basics - Braid Ends
- Video - Dotty Bead Bracelet Project
- Video - Ways to Start a Braid
- Video - Braiding with Beads
Braiding with Beads - part 2
- Materials - Beads for Braiding
- Project - Colour Block Bracelet
- Materials - End Caps
- Video - Colour Block Bracelet
- Video - Securing a Braid End
Making Patterns and 16 Strand Braids
- Creating Patterns in your Kongo Gumi Braid
- Making 16 Strand braids, and changing braiding direction
- Video - 16 Strand Braids
- Video - Zig Zag Braids
Making a different braid structure
- Chevron (Half Round) Braid Structure
- Video - Making a Half Round Braid