Monthly Motivation Course - Summer Edition
Small group creative jewellery design course in London.
For intermediate level students who have started or are about to start making jewellery on their own at home and are looking for the creative and technical boost of a training course without the intensity of a full time or weekly course.
Course dates –
Option #1 – Weekends – starting 30 June, dates tbc
Option #2 – Midweek – starting 13 June, dates tbc
Course price - £510 per person
Student group - this course needs at least 2-3 students to go ahead, and will have a maximum of 5 students in a group.
**This is not a business skills course and will not cover running a business or marketing.**
This course is designed to give your creativity a boost, to challenge your design processes and to help you fill gaps in your key skills to give you more confidence in your work. These sessions will help you to improve the jewellery you make – whether you are making as a hobby or as the start of a small business.
This course will run over 6 full days spread out over 4 months (June to September), and students will get the most out of the course if they are also able to allocate a couple of hours a week to work at home in between sessions.
What is covered
The first session will be devoted to looking at students existing skills and experience, and looking ahead to what skills each student would like to develop or challenge most. This will cover a selection of brainstorming and analytical tools / exercises as well as then moving on to the first practical exercises.
Each day will be split into a design / creative skills session and a technical making session. The topics of the sessions will be flexible and will be adapted to suit the students based on the skills gaps identified in week 1, but will likely include…
Key Making Skills
· Soldering booster
· Combining precious and non-precious materials (e.g. silver with plastics, found objects, textiles)
· Troubleshooting, outsourcing skills & further/specialist training options
· Workspace and tools – care and storage, health and safety, useful tools
· Working to a brief
· Creating your own brief or finding inspiration
· Developing a design or a collection
· Experimenting, sampling, testing and playing
· Creating your own design philosophy
· Collecting and refining ideas
· Research skills
· Practicality in design
Please 'book' here by clicking below, or contact me to discuss your application – the fee here is set to £0.00 as I'd like to get some basic information about you and your jewellery making, and to make sure there are enough students for the course to run before taking any payment.
A payment will then be due one week before the course starts to confirm your space. Payment can be made in full, or in three instalments of £170, paid by direct bank transfer or by PayPal.
Course price includes
– 6 full days of tuition in a very small group (so lots of time for full support from the tutor)
– e-mail support if needed between classes
– drawing, modelling and design materials
– all other consumables and materials for the practical sessions, including silver, copper and other materials
– Detailed information sheets and notes
Students will only need to pay extra if they choose to make a particularly large quantity or volume of work in precious materials. (Any excess materials can be paid for at cost during the course, or students are also welcome to bring their own materials to add to those provided.)
Tea, coffee and light refreshments are available all day during the course, but lunch is not included. There is a one hour lunch break during all day classes. Students are welcome to bring lunch with them, or to go out to one of the many local cafes for lunch.