Stitched Beadwork Starter Kit
This kit has everything you need to get started working with stitched beadwork / bead weaving.
Bead weaving is a great way of working with beads - focused on stitching small 'seed' beads or crystals together to create flat or solid forms. It uses needle and thread to stitch small beads together, using different stitches, and usually following patterns, a bit like knitting.
It isn't as fiddly as you'd expect, to get started, and you can work with minimal equipment, easily at home.
This kit includes; -
- Bead Mat
- 5 x size 10 beading needles
- Sharp embroidery type scissors
- A reel of neutral coloured C-lon (S-Lon) thread
- A small bead scoop (to help pack the beads away)
- A bead stopper (to grip the end of your thread if needed)
- A retractable tape measure
- A bead breaker
- A bead oracle card (a super useful credit card sized card with important bead size and conversion information - great to have handy when ordering beads online, or planning out a new project)
There will be information enclosed in the kit to get you started with future suppliers and sources for patterns and stitch information.
Optional Upgrade; -
Add the beads, findings and instructions to make your choice from three of my favourite beginners projects...
- Flower Earrings (includes sterling silver earring hooks)
- Peyote Stitch Cuff Bracelet (including a silver plated sliding clasp)
- St Petersburg chain Bracelet (can also be adapted to make a necklace - includes silver plated clasp)
- Please let me know by e-mail or in your order notes if you have a preferred colourway
THESE PROJECT KITS INCLUDE ACCESS TO MY VIDEO TUTORIAL OF THE TECHNIQUE
If you don't upgrade to a project kit, you can get started with the free information and project downloadable in my online classroom
Price includes recorded first class UK postage.
If ordering internationally, there will be an additional charge to cover increased postage costs.