Stitched Beadwork Starter Kit
This kit has everything you need to get started working with stitched beadwork / bead weaving.
Bead weaving is a great way of working with beads - focused on stitching small 'seed' beads or crystals together to create flat or solid forms. It uses needle and thread to stitch small beads together, using different stitches, and usually following patterns, a bit like knitting.
It isn't as fiddly as you'd expect, to get started, and you can work with minimal equipment, easily at home.
This kit includes; -
- Bead Mat
- Pack of 5 x size 10 beading needles
- Sharp embroidery type scissors
- A reel of neutral coloured C-lon (S-Lon) thread
- A small bead scoop (to help pack the beads away)
- A bead stopper (to grip the end of your thread if needed)
- A retractable tape measure
- A bead breaker
- A bead oracle card (a super useful credit card sized card with important bead size and conversion information - great to have handy when ordering beads online, or planning out a new project)
There will be information enclosed in the kit to get you started with future suppliers and sources for patterns and stitch information.
As an optional extra - I can add in a starter selection of 4 different colours of seed beads - all Miyuki seed beads, plus 2 x silver plated clasps, and instructions to make a pair of bracelets. I will e-mail you before mailing your kit to check your preferred colour range and bracelet style (from a limited selection).
You can get started with the free information and project downloadable in my online classroom, (or upgrade to join the jewellery club and have access to further patterns and information).
Price includes first class UK postage.
If ordering internationally, there will be an additional charge to cover increased postage costs.