Silver Clay Starter Tool Kit
Full tool kit to get you started working with silver clay - all together in a colourful zip pouch.
This kit is the same tool kit i use when teaching beginners silver clay. It has everything you could need to sit straight down and get started working with the clay.
Kit includes; -
Rolling out clay -
- Work mat - Heavy duty laminated sheet
- Rolling pin - one of my special solid bubble rod rollers
- A pack of playing cards - design may vary!
- A tin of badger balm
- A snake / coil roller
- Spray bottle for water
- 5 x texture mats (wallpapers)
- Rubber tipped clay shaper modelling tool
- Double ended ball burnisher / embossing tool
- Double ended brush / rubber tool
- Fine steel tweezers
Cutting shapes from clay
- 3 sizes of one shape mini cookie cutters for cutting shapes - shape may vary - e.g. heart, circle, star, oval...
- One plastic stencil sheet for cutting shapes
- Needle tool (has a rubber on it's tip for travel!)
- Steel Clay Scraper / Kidney Tool
Refining dry clay
- 3 grades of sanding sponges - cut these smaller to practical size sections
- A set of 3M polishing papers - stapled to keep them in order - green is the coarsest
- Emery boards
- 2 x needle files
Tools for after firing
- Wooden handled steel burnisher
- Brass wire brush
- Polishing cloth
Other useful bits
- Cling film pad - for wrapping opened clay
- Digital timer - to time torch or hob firing
- Straws, cocktail sticks, cotton buds, sponges, - for shaping and refining un-fired clay
The kit DOES NOT include specific firing equipment as there are several different ways to fire clay, and it depends on your preference /& the clay you use, also those who already make jewellery using other techniques may well already have a suitable blow torch etc.
Art clay silver, and PMC3 or Flex can be fired using a hand held blowtorch, or on a gas stove, or in a kiln. Other clays are best fired only using a kiln.
I can happily discuss the options with you and recommend suppliers if needed.
Optional Upgrade; - add 10g of Art Clay Silver - fine silver clay - to the kit for an additional fee if you want to get started right away!
Price includes signed for / tracked first class UK postage.
Not suitable for shipping internationally.