Individual 1-1 Jewellery Making Tuition
I offer individual, 1-1 jewellery making or electroforming tuition from my workshop in London.
This will be done with social distancing - only one student, plus me in the workshop, working separately as far as possible, and wearing masks when moving from our set workstations (if not all day) and safety measures including extra cleaning, and sanitising tools and workspaces are in place - if you'd like to know more about these measures - please do e-mail me.
I can work with you for a day, or a series of sessions - one to one - to give you an intensive skills boost, or a fun and creative day out.
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this 'new' material to create silver jewellery - beginner level, or more advanced, making complex forms, stone setting and more
- Wax carving or simple small scale home casting
- Electroforming in copper
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding)
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design process, ideas and modelmaking
Individual tuition is designed around you - your interests, your current skills and the skills you’d like to learn.
For beginners I can recommend introductory projects to get you started, or for more experienced students, I will design a day around your existing skills.
Every 1-1 tuition session includes;
- Discussion in advance (usually by e-mail) so that I can understand your current skill / experience level and what the priorities are for the day
- Creation of a personalised, achievable lesson plan to suit your needs
- A full day (6 hours) of tuition in my fully equipped workshop
- Use of my tools and equipment
- All materials and consumables needed for your project/s
- Packaging to take your creations safely home
- Information sheets relevant to the skills covered
- Contacts for suppliers, and information about tools where relevant
- Light refreshments during the day
- Follow up by e-mail and/or a short Zoom session after the class if needed
How it works; -
- First - E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
- I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible and to let you know my availability
- I'll create a customised plan for the day to suit you.
- Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
- I will confirm your booking and send a receipt, as well as full address and travel information, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
This tuition is held in my well equipped, dedicated home studio in Camden, central / north London, near Camden Town tube or Camden Road overground stations.
All materials needed and use of all relevant tools, are included in the price, as well as illustrated notes detailing relevant processes to help you continue to work at home.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!
Prices are all below
For multiple days if paid all at once, there is a discounted rate - bundles get cheaper per day for bigger bookings. These do not have to be consecutive days, but need to be scheduled to all be done within two months of the first day.
Shorter sessions are available by special request.