Individual 1-1 Jewellery Making Tuition
No dates currently available - face to face teaching is suspended while social distancing measures are recommended. Dates will be added again once the current emergency measures are lifted.
I only offer a small range of regular classes, but I work with and teach a lot of other techniques and skills too...
Would you like to work on something I don't currently offer as a class?
Would you like to learn something I do offer as a class, but the dates listed don't work for you?
I can work with you for a half day, or full day, or a series of sessions - one to one, or in a small group - to give you an intensive skills boost, or a fun and creative day out.
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this 'new' material to create silver jewellery
- Wax carving or simple home casting
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding)
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design process, ideas and modelmaking
I have created schedules of suggested projects for most of these different options if you're looking for an introduction to the technique.
If you have a specific goal in mind, or already have some skills that you'd like to develop on, however, please tell me what you're hoping to achieve and I'll tailor a custom schedule just for you.
How it works; -
E-mail me at email@example.com and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- and what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible and to let you know my availability.
Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
I will confirm your booking and send a receipt, as well as full address and travel information, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
This tuition is held in my well equipped home studio in Camden, central / north London, near Camden Town tube or Camden Road overground stations.
All materials needed and use of all relevant tools, are included in the price, as well as illustrated notes detailing the processes to help you continue to work at home.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!