Individual Jewellery Making Tuition Day - In Person
I offer individual, 1-1 jewellery making tuition in person from my workshop in London.
2021 - This will be done with social distancing - only one student, plus me in the workshop, working separately as far as possible, and wearing masks when moving from our set workstations (if not all day) and safety measures including extra cleaning, and sanitising tools and workspaces are in place - if you'd like to know more about these measures - please do e-mail me.
I will work with you for a day - one to one - to give you an intensive skills boost, or a fun and creative day out.
In my own work I use a wide variety of materials and techniques, as I like to keep my design options open, so I have a broad range of skills that I can share.
We could work with your choice from the following; -
- Bead Stringing, pearl knotting and related skills
- Silver jewellery making and getting started with stone setting
- Surface patterns for metal using etching, stamping and more
- Silver clay - using this newer material to create silver jewellery - beginner level, or more advanced, making complex forms, stone setting and more
- Wax carving or simple small scale home casting
- Electroforming in copper
- Kumihimo (Japanese Braiding) on a disk or Marudai
- Stitched Beadwork / Beadweaving
- Design processes, ideas and modelmaking
Individual tuition is designed around you - your interests, your current skills and the skills you’d like to learn.
For beginners I can recommend introductory projects to get you started, or for more experienced students, I will design a day around extending your existing skills, or around a specific project or new skill you'd like to tackle.
Every 1-1 tuition session includes;
- Discussion in advance so that I can understand your current skill / experience level and what the priorities are for the day
- Creation of a personalised, achievable lesson plan to suit your needs
- A full day (6 hours) of tuition in my fully equipped workshop
- Use of my tools and equipment
- All materials and consumables needed for your project/s
- Packaging to take your creations safely home
- Information sheets relevant to the skills and tools covered, including contacts for suppliers
- Light refreshments during the day
- Follow up by e-mail and/or a short Zoom session after the class if needed
How it works; -
- First - E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know;
- what you're interested in creating, or learning about (if you're not sure of the terms, or what technique is needed for your idea - send me pictures instead!)
- when you're looking to do this
- what, if any, jewellery making you have done before.
- I'll get back to you to let you know whether that would be possible and to let you know my availability
- I'll create a customised plan for the day to suit you.
- Once we agree a date, time and plan of what you would like to cover - you can use this page to make your payment and confirm your booking, or I can send you an invoice for direct payment.
- I will confirm your booking and send a receipt, as well as full address and travel information, and look forward to meeting you on the date arranged.
This tuition is held in my well equipped, dedicated home studio in Camden, central / north London, near Camden Town tube or Camden Road over ground stations.
All materials needed and use of all relevant tools, are included in the price, as well as illustrated notes detailing relevant processes to help you continue to work at home.
Anything you make, is of course, yours to take home.
Tuition is available 7 days a week, daytime or evening, subject to my availability.
Do ask if you have any questions I can help with!
Shorter sessions or blocks of sessions are available on request.